Tuesday, February 7, 2012

An Update from Holly Beck!

The words of Holly Beck herself...


Hello Amigos and Happy New Year!

It's been a while since I sent out an update and there's almost too
much info to cover... The waves in Nica have been super fun as usual. I did a bit of filming both with my GoPro and during the retreats, and put together a little video with a few waves and fun.
Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BslOmOtXp6c

I had an incredibly rewarding week of 17 high school kids from High Tech High in San Diego who came down for 10 days to participate in all the normal retreat activities but also helped to build a new classroom onto the local school. They surfed in the morning, then learned to mix cement, dug trenches, and painted, then participated in fun activities in the afternoon. I made a fun video about the experience here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxAaDF9-1EE

The following week I had a group of 10 for a Suave Dulce surf yoga retreat where we finished up the painting on the school and scored the bay about as good as it gets. Check out the video below and stay tuned to the end to see some clips of me surfing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-eIx1Dcnmc

I've been on a mission building schools lately. I just got back yesterday from El Salvador where I was helping to complete the High School project that we started in September with Surf For Life. I haven't gotten to editing the footage from that experience yet, but hopefully will soon!

Thanks for the support! Hope to see you in Nica sometime!
: )
Holly

No comments: