Friday, August 31, 2012

Mujeres del Mar Surf Event

"When my sponsor, Body Glove, gave me the opportunity to make a contest in Puerto Rico, I thought about all the girls who want to learn to surf. So I created this event to transmit all the experiences I got from different competitions around the world. Women’s surfing has been growing around the world and I want to bring that growth to my Island, Puerto Rico. This event means another step for the surfer girls on the island. I want to make the girls feel important and show them the importance of what they are doing, surfing. People who surf know that is not an easy sport and requires a lot of practice, dedication and love to learn it. But in the end we learn how amazing it is doing the sports that makes up your life style. When I started surfing on my Island there were about five girls surfing everyday somewhere in the Island. But now we can see more than five girls on the pick at the same time. I want more girls in the water that love surfing and it is why I created Mujeres del Mar Surf Event. With this event we give support, dedication and love to all those girls who feel like surfing is in them. It is the second year that Body Glove is supporting the event, helping to the develop more women surfing on the Island. At the end of all stress, meetings, calls, etc. I can say that the event fills my soul with a lot of happiness and gets me full of positive energy, to see so many girls from all ages on the beach smiling, laughing, enjoying and of course surfing." - Maria Del Mar


No comments: