Thursday, June 3, 2010

Holly Beck is Very Busy


Holly Beck updates us direct from Nicaragua. Holly is very busy. Enjoy!

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I suppose in many places that signals the start of summer. For me, it's the last week of a three month stay in Nicaragua. I head home June 4 for a Body Glove promo at Sport Chalet in Huntington Beach on the 5th, a UCSD alumni surf contest at Blacks on the 6th, then a week of catching up with friends and family before heading off to Fiji to film Drop Zone 2 - a dive and surf documentary - with team Body Glove on June 15, then back down to Nicaragua after that.

The last few months have been awesome and I'm sad to leave. Hopefully the surf and weather are cooperating and you're beach-bound this weekend. It's raining and onshore where I am, so here are some links to check out if you haven't seen them already...

I'm doing a women's surf and yoga retreat in Nicaragua July 17-24 and have a few more spots to fill. If you or a friend is interested, check out the promo video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp46GNpEEAM or go straight to the website
. www.surfwithhollybeck.com


The episode of The Lazy Environmentalist featuring me aired recently. You can view a few clips from the episode on their website: www.sundancechannel.com/lazy. Scroll down the list of videos on the right til you find Lazy Surfer - and keep in mind they told me to act more skeptical so that i could be convinced in the end)

I wrote a story on my trip to Haiti for a European women's surf mag called Cooler. It will be out next month, but they did an online interview with me that can be viewed here:
http://cooler.mpora.com/features/interview-surfer-model-good-soul-holly-beck.html


We started construction on our big 2 story, 3 bed/2bath house that we'll end up renting out down here. So far only the foundation has been laid, but it's an interesting process. I made a little explanatory video and posted it to my Facebook page. It is viewable here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Holly-Beck/125160486073#!/video/video.php?v=396796651134


Another GoPro video of my dogs and I playing in the surf (me getting tubed, them just splashing in the shorebreak) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_dKIJIZ9tg

And if that wasn't enough, Team Body Glove came down last week to shoot photos and video of the 2011 swimwear. The weather and surf only partially cooperated so we spent some time exploring and driving through rivers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u1AkbH59CE

Enjoy the start of summer!
: )
Holly Beck

No comments: