Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SO SAD

Another story from the ASR Blog site regarding the rise and fall of OP.

"This morning, as I was performing my 5:30 am routine (yes, the kid gets up early) of drinking my coffee and reading a magazine, I stopped short on a new OP ad. Featured in the June 2008 issue of REAL SIMPLE, the spread featured two girls using a skateboard on the left, with the right half saying, "Low prices on OP styles. The perfect outdoor wear, no matter if they're surfing "ocean" or "asphalt". "But the real kicker is in the fine print at the bottom, to the left of the bag and bikini, "Whether it's the Midwest or the West Coast, they'll love all the difference choices of OP wear and you'll love the really low prices."

It got me so sad-here is this iconic brand who is now touting that the best thing about it is how cheap the clothes are. And it's featured in Real Simple-a magazine that's aimed at the middle aged woman-I guess the same women who buys the teens on the left side her clothes. Again, so sad.

No comments: